Construction Accident Injuries
“The most important thing that I’ve found in any construction law case is that the person who’s been injured was working before the accident, because they wouldn’t have been hurt if they weren’t, and are not working after the accident, immediately after the accident. The first, most important, thing we do is get you set up with a lawyer that handles workers’ compensation that we were very closely with and concentrates solely on making sure money starts coming in and that your medical bills start getting paid so you don’t have to worry about that.
Most of our clients have different levels of permission to be here to work. Some of them are citizen, some of them have green cards and some of them don’t have any documentation. It doesn’t matter. We work with all of them the same and, in fact, the law accepts all of them the same, which a lot of people don’t know. A lot of people don’t know that you don’t have to be on the books, so to speak, in order to sue in a lawsuit. They don’t know that you’re not going to be deported, most likely, if you bring a lawsuit. It’s not going to affect your green card status, it’s not going to affect your application for citizenship. You’re still entitled to the protections of the laws of the state of New York and of the laws of the United States if you’re here and you’re working.”
Below are some commonly asked Questions about Construction Accident Cases in New York.
- What should I do if I have been injured on the job in New York?
- Can I file a lawsuit for my New York City construction accident?
- How do I know if I am entitled to bring a lawsuit for my New York construction accident?
- Is it expensive to file a lawsuit in New York for a construction accident injury?
- What damages are recoverable in a construction accident case in New York?
- What if I was injured on the job by defective machinery?
- What if my employer isn’t the only one at-fault for my construction accident injury in New York?
- What types of New York construction accidents qualify for pain and suffering?
- Who can sue in a New York construction accident case?
- What is the statute of limitations to bring a New York construction accident case?
- If I was injured while working on a large construction project in New York, can I sue the person who owns the property?
- What are my rights if I was injured by a third-party at the workplace?
- How quickly should I contact an attorney in a New York construction accident case?
- Do I need witnesses of my construction accident to bring a lawsuit in New York and recover compensation for my injuries?
- Who is responsible for ensuring safe conditions at the construction site?
- I was injured on a construction site and I do not know who is at-fault.
- Can I still file a lawsuit in New York for my construction accident injury if I received workers’ compensation benefits?
- What are my rights against the owner of a property or the general contractor in NY Construction Accident Case
- I fell from a scaffolding while on the job. Can I sue?
- Do I have to pay back my workers’ compensation benefits in New York if I settle a lawsuit for a construction accident?
- Who is responsible for the safety of the construction workers at a job site in New York?
- What is a third-party liability claim?