Slip And Fall Accidents: Attorneys at Greenberg & Stein
Located in New York, Greenberg & Stein, P.C. offers professional attorney representation to the victims of slip and fall accidents in and around the area. After a slip and fall accident, victims are often rattled by what has occurred, and tend to not realize what they are doing or saying, or even what those around them are doing. However, maintaining focus after a slip and fall can be the difference between a win and a loss in court.
Slip and fall accidents can be very costly to everyone involved. If the fall was not caused by you, but by another person or business, a lawsuit may be the only way you can recover medical expenses, lost wages, or money to compensate for your pain and suffering.
At Greenberg & Stein, P.C., we have the ability to protect victims’ rights during a wide range of cases. Working with the right slip and fall attorney is crucial for getting your claim filed in time and making the strongest case possible.
Advice From A Slip and Fall Attorney
Your immediate actions in the aftermath of a slip and fall accident–both at the scene and even after you have received medical attention–can have a significant impact on the insurance claim or lawsuit. The following are a few easy but important points to keep in mind as a helpful checklist after a slip and fall accident:
- Try to keep talk to a minimum; refrain from talking about how the fall happened, or blaming, getting angry or making immediate demands. You can of course be gracious and accept offers of help.
- Absolutely get immediate medical attention–even if your slip and fall accident seems minor, because there are some conditions that take longer to manifest. Obviously if there are broken bones or head trauma it is important that a medical professional treat you as soon as possible after a fall. With the medical attention you will obtain, documentation and a professional diagnosis of any injuries initially caused by the fall.
- You or someone with you should inspect the area where you fell. There was a reason that your slip and fall accident occurred. Be observant and look for the potential cause of a fall (such as snow, ice, loose carpet, spilled food or uneven concrete). Then write down your version of the fall as soon as possible, this may be valuable evidence in court, and at the very least it will be valuable for your attorney to decide how the potential lawsuit should be handled.
- Where there witnesses? Get their names, addresses and phone numbers! This can be anyone in the vicinity of where the incident occurred–even if someone did not see you fall, in fact, he or she could, if necessary, describe your pain and the conditions of the floor, lighting, etc. immediately after you fell.
- Take photos! These days everyone has a smartphone practically as an extension of his or her body. If possible take pictures of the scene immediately after the accident–before conditions change. If you or someone with you doesn’t have a phone with a camera handy buying a tiny throwaway camera for $5 to $10 would be a worthy investment. Even “permanent conditions” have a way of changing if the landowner thinks that you might file a claim for injuries.
- File reports. There are procedures to follow in different places and businesses. Notify a manager if applicable, make sure someone in charge is aware of the accident; you may need to fill out a slip and fall accident report.
Do You Need An Attorney For Slip and Fall Accidents?
People often want to know if they should hire an attorney for their slip and fall accidents or injuries.
The simple answer is that the attorneys at Greenberg & Stein get you the compensation you deserve. If you have a slip and fall case and do not have an attorney, you won’t get very far with your case.
Insurers in slip and fall cases will rarely acknowledge liability to an unrepresented person. You can’t settle a slip and fall case without having a line of communication with the insurer. An attorney’s first job in a slip and fall case is to get the attention of the defendant and the insurance company.
Slip and fall accidents are personal injury, and all personal injury litigation boils down to proving liability and proving damages. One of our experienced attorneys will recognize all of the different factors that can affect liability and damages, both positively and negatively.
During the period of time shortly after your slip and fall claim you can expect to be approached by insurance adjusters and attorneys from the property owner or responsible party. Keep in mind that these professionals do not work for you–they work for the opposing party or the insurance company and it is their job to pay you as little as possible. You need to be very careful about what you say.
In fact, the best thing to do, particularly if your injuries are serious or you are becoming concerned that your condition could get worse, is to speak with a slip and fall attorney, before speaking with anyone else. Experienced attorneys know how to handle those insurance adjusters, opposing lawyers, the ins and outs- and will give you the best chance to get the money you deserve.
For The Best Slip And Fall Attorneys In NYC
At Greenberg & Stein, P.C., we have the ability to protect victims’ rights during a wide range of cases. If you want the best results you need to hire the best! Greenberg & Stein, P.C. has established itself as a dependable provider of quality legal services in the area of personal injury and slip and fall accidents. Attorneys from our firm have received recognition from the prestigious Million Dollar Advocates Forum® and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum®, an honor no more than 1% of attorneys receive in the duration of their practice.
Why take a gamble with your case by picking a lawyer who doesn’t have a proven track record and great referrals? That’s like picking a doctor out of the phonebook!
What sets Greenberg & Stein apart from other firms is our devotion to achieving client satisfaction through personalized service. No matter how big or small the cases, our slip and fall injury attorneys at the firm handle our cases and clients with the same care and passion as any other.
Contact Greenberg & Stein, P.C. today and we can set up your free consultation within a very short period of time. We will listen to your account of events, investigate the facts, and apply the law in a manner that is favorable to your position.
To schedule an initial case consultation contacts our firm today! Our NYC Office Location 360 Lexington Avenue, Suite 1501, New York, NY 10017
Call us today: 888-411-3966
Email us anytime: firstname.lastname@example.org