Common Types of Workplace Accidents
Although every workplace has potential for serious accidents, there are some jobs that hold a higher risk of injuries. These risks are often known to the employee upon hire and often involve manual labor, heavy machinery or exposure to chemicals, toxins or weather conditions. Certain occupations carry higher risks than other; construction workers are some of the most commonly injured employees. That, however, does not mean that only high-risk jobs can result in workplace accidents and injuries; in fact, even the “safest” desk job can cause an accident, long-term wear and tear, or any other form of injury or illness.
Some of the most common occupational hazards include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents: In these accidents, an individual is greatly injured due to unsafe floor conditions caused by moisture, ice, uneven ground or obstruction.
- Electric Shock: This type of injury can occur in any workplace environment. Electric shock has been named the fourth most common workplace-related accident.
- Vehicle Accidents: If you are in control of a company vehicle or work in an environment where any type of motorized equipment is used, you are at risk of being injured in a vehicle accident.
- Forklift Accidents: Forklifts are some of the most dangerous pieces of equipment on construction and manufacturing sites.
- Strains, Stress, Fractures and Manual Labor: Jobs that involve manual labor are at high risk for accidents. Lifting improperly, moving heavy items, falls from heights and crush accidents may all occur from manual labor-based jobs.
If you have been seriously injured in this or any other workplace accident, it is highly important that you contact an attorney right away. When you work with our team, we will evaluate the cause of the accidents, review doctor reports and ensure that you receive the compensation that you deserve. If the accident was determined to be a complication that arose from lack of training or workplace safety precautions, our team will aggressively pursue a case to help you receive damages for your accident.
Workplace injuries and accidents are far more common than they should be. For the victims of these types of incidents, our New York City workplace accident attorneys are here to help. At Greenberg & Stein, P.C., we have more than 50 years of collective experience working in the legal field, all of which we are prepared to dedicate to you case. If you’ve been injured or otherwise harmed in an on-the-job accident that occurred from a preventable cause, then you owe it to yourself to take legal action. Contact a New York City personal injury lawyer from our firm today.