Beware of the Dangers of Halloween Decorations
Halloween is just around the corner, and many festive individuals are purchasing decorations to put up in their yards and inside their homes to help celebrate the season. Yet there are dangers of Halloween decorations. According to a report in the New York Daily News, one high school sophomore was toying with Halloween decorations at his home when he accidentally hanged himself, causing his own early death.
Reports show that the teenager was going to pretend to hang himself as a prank as he tried to scare his little sister. The family set up a noose in the front yard of this home as a Halloween decoration, and the teenager intended to loop it over his neck and pretend he was dangling from the noose. Unfortunately, the noose caught around his neck and he fell into a coma.
He died early Monday from the incident. His mother says that she was doing laundry in the home when her daughter ran in and explained that her brother was not moving. His mother thought that the teen was probably just playing a trick on his family, and ignored her daughter’s urgent pleas. The daughter then said that her brother was not moving and had drool hanging out of his mouth.
The mother tried to take her child out of the noose, but was unable to do so. Paramedics arrived on the scene and rushed the boy to the hospital. He was placed on life support when he arrived there, and died from organ failure on Monday only 12 hours after the accident. Investigators believe that the death was a complete accident, and that the boy became disoriented after he put the noose around his neck and passed out after it tightened. If you have been injured by a dangerous decoration at a home, you may be able to sue the party responsible. Contact an attorney at Greenberg & Stein for more information.